My 2006 Rav4 Sport has 18" tires on it, how many Rav4 come stock with 18" tires.?:serious
Thks sparky - we sure like our 2008 Limited v6 / took me 6 months of searching, as I don't pay extra markup at dealership.nice looking Rav4
^^ :cheers:The Highlander wheels look really good, better than the Limited wheels. Maybe I'll look for a set. Thanks.
^^ Wheel well flares / came as standard equipment, on 2008 Limited's for the Canadian market.Did you instal the wheel flares or did they come that way?
^^ Same here.I knew about the tow package, but was not aware about the flares on the 08...I have then as well and love them...I read that Toyota ended the v6 cause it was eating into the sales of other more expensive vehicles...a base rav4 can be had much cheaper than other Toyotas that can tow that much...I will never own an suv with a gutless motor...
the flares do look good.^^ Wheel well flares / came as standard equipment, on 2008 Limited's for the Canadian market.
- much like the Canadian Limited came with the 3,500# tow package included, without ordering it as an option
Our local dealer told me, the v6 was dropped after the 2012 RAV4, because a fully loaded Limited was only a few thousand dollars cheaper, than a new Highlander v6 & more vehicle/value for the money.
- so the top RAV4 model, had grown too expensive here, and sales were soft for the most costly model
The flares, do accent the RAV4 nicely & really protect the fender lips from winter snow & road salt.
- still a rust free vehicle, after 8 years of driving in the Ontario rust belt
We purchased RAV4 last summer / and had vehicle properly oil spray undercoated, last fall / and will be done yearly, using a wax-oil formula (much like Fluid Film).
- judging by the rust free used condition, doesn't appear that the factory flares trap moisture
Very pleased with look & benefits, from good factory flares.
Beaumont 67, U have some nice vehicles, Iam seeing 19" wheels on one of them yipes.Thks sparky - we sure like our 2008 Limited v6 / took me 6 months of searching, as I don't pay extra markup at dealership.
- it was a Doctors vehicle, with a meer 89,xxx Km
- and bought it private, last summer
Driving over 40 years, and never owned the Toyota brand before.
- problem is, their so reliable / many people just keep driving used ones
Now wife has her v6 RAV4 with leather & moon roof / and in January this year, I bought a mint 2000 4Runner SR5, v6, 4x4 - one senior owner & rust free original paint.
- and both his & her vehicles / are black...another first here...Go figure !!
Test fitting 2013 Highlander allow rims - they only had 800 Km and 3 weeks old.
- found on Canadian Kijiji, 6 hours away / half inch wider than 17" Limited stock rim
- guy puts winter steel rims on his new Toyota and goes on vacation
- comes back a week later, finds T4R stolen out of his driveway
- original wheels, sitting in garage & won't fit clear brake calipers on 2014 model, with 19"
- love the 2013 "v" groove detail, on the 7-spoke Highlander design
Since we are talking about rims, I will likely walnut blast my 4Runner rims to be ready for powder coat / something in a metallic gun metal color.
I have a commercial cabinet blaster, need to wire up the 2 stage air compressor.
- sons 2015 Lexus, has beautiful wheels / color better than cast aluminum, with clear coat
Gen3 4Runner - Dad's vehicle for week days & we use wife's RAV4, as family ride.
2015 Lexus RX350 19" rims - stunning color.
Yes, those are surely rusty rims.^^ :cheers:
I looked for 3-4 months on computer, as I wanted original equipment Toyota rims only
- those Made in Japan / and not Made in China aftermarket rims, that are cast with recycled materials (lacking design strength & quality control ISO system standards)
Our 2008 RAV4 came with very rusty winter steelies & factory 17x7" alloys (in garden shed).
Kijiji $800 - fixed that problem, with the purchase of the 2013 Toyota rims.
- and these 17x7.5" Highlander rims when mounted still had a nice +1" clearance, on the backside
Luckily, the junk rims were on the RAV4 when it was advertised / previous buyer walked away.
(presentation kept the price down / ended up saving $5,000 Cdn. avoiding Dealerships)
- and guy failed to see, the rest of the 2008 Toyota was totally rust free
- I crawled under vehicle, in the pouring rain & underside floor pans still covered in shinny black paint...SOLD
Firestone Destination Le2 = great tire & reasonably priced.
^^ Those rusty rims, turned the first buyer away (lucky me) / and he thought the rest of the RAV4, was a POSYes, those are surely rusty rims.
^^ Thks. sparky, only took me 40 years, to own Toyota's...now Sold !!Beaumont 67, U have some nice vehicles, I am seeing 19" wheels on one of them yipes.