Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just installed a set of 19 x 7 wheels on my 96 2dr . They are mazda wheels with what appears to be a +50 offset. 225/55/19 tires all around. I didn't use any hubcentric rings, not sure if I need them or not? They look great and seem to fit well. The tires are fairly bald on the back and are making a howling noise. The fronts have a little bit of tread left. At full turn, I just barely touch the plastic mud guard thingy. The tires date codes are 2013. The cars feels a little squirrely on the road. Steering wheel moves around a little. When I slow down to a stop I hear a little "chu chu chu" noise coming from the rear, almost like the rear wheels are catching something, but upon inspection there seems to be some room back there. Any idea what this could be? I'm also thinking of replacing the rear tires with 255/50/19s. They are about the same height at the 225/55/19s but 1 " wider. It looks like there is room back there. Would this setup be harmful to my rav4? Any thoughts and comments are appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Did you get your tires? If so, how did they fit? What was the final tire sizes you decided on? Any rubbing issues with new tires?

I would be interested in adding this size to my spreadsheet I post here What size tires and what issues have you had?.

FYI, there is a "bump" at the rear of the front wheel wells that can be removed if the tire is rubbing it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went with a pair of 235/55/19 for the rear. I read that 255s are too wide for a 7" wide wheel. I'm still waiting for the tires in the mail (Amazon is delaying shipment of non essential items) I'm going to check if they fit on the front first before I order a couple more. The noise was a buildup of rust on the brake drums. Noise is gone now and cars drives nice with current setup (225/55/19). I'll keep you posted. FYI the wheels came off a Mazda cx-5 (2013-2015)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts