Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Looking for help with my 1995 Rav4 Max drivers door. Recently the drivers door will not unlock. This is when using the key, the internal switch or the central locking fob.

I have managed to prise open the door card to a certain extent to look inside the door (obviously cant remove it easily with a shut door) and from what I can tell the locking mechanism goes into some kind of servo/solenoid which actually locks the car, and this is maybe what hase failed.

I have tried pushing and pulling the mechanism as hard as I can to get the lock to release and no joy.

Does anyone have any idea of anything else I can do to get the door open? Once open I am sure I can source a replacement part (if that is indeed what has failed) and try and fit it.

Thanks for any advise.

Lawrie

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,759 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I just replaced the electric motor on one of my locks, however the door lock still worked manually despite the motor having expired, therefore it sounds more likely that one of the rods from the door handle (inside or out) has become dislodged, or the mechanism has failed. Unfortunately you need to remove the door card, when off you should be able to get your hand to the 'levers' on the rear of the actuator and manually/forcibly open it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts