Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

the ac in my 96 rav max doesnt pump out any cold air whatsoever. I have read the other posts on the AC problems in ravs but mine doesnt even start turning the compressor (well i dont think it does as it is a completly sealed unit) as it doesnt make the usual "click" when the ac button is pressed.

The Light on the AC button doesnt flash, as the manual says it does in case of a problem, but the light does come on, as normal.

The Engine doesnt lose any rpm, at all, when the AC is turned on.

I have been told that I may need to regas my system as it is about 10years old. could this be tha cause of all my problems??

Any other suggestions???

Thanks

T

·
Registered
278 Posts
When the freon is under a certain level the A/C compressor doens't come on to protect it.
Just get it tested and and refilled and I think your problem is gone.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, pretty common, and normal in any car/truck 10 years in. Get your freon level checked and filled, and your on your way. :wink: Only thing to make sure of, when they check it, make sure that they check the pressure, and that there are no leaks in the lines. If by chance there are leaks, most of the time it just an O-ring thats cracked/dried out over time. And that's a cheap fix too... :wink:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts