Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Did you end up buying a used one ? The rear visor is mounted with two brackets (one on each side). The mounting screws go through the rear door for each bracket. :frown

I temporarily removed mine, so I could install a rear spoiler and there are three holes on each side! One of the screws broke off as well after removing it, and it is stuck in one of the brackets. :shock:

If you still need a picture, I will try to take one for you...

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Here is a picture of both the brackets, front and back.
The brackets need to be separate from the visor to be mounted.

The bracket on the left, you can see the screw inside, which is the lower mounting screw (brackets are upside down in the picture).
The other two holes on the base of the bracket are the upper mounting points which will secure the backing plate to the back of the rear door.

Once the brackets are mounted, the two screws will go through the visor and attach to the two threaded holes inside the brackets. (The rubber seal you see in the picture, will go between the bracket where the threaded holes are, and the back of the visor).

Here is a picture of the backplate that will hold and secure the bracket for the rear visor to the rear door (using the two upper mounting points as mentioned above).

Here is a picture of the mounting holes that are on the upper outside of the rear door. (I have the two screws holding the backing plate and a rubber grommet below to cover up the holes since I removed the visor).

The upper two holes will go through the rear door to attach to the backing plate inside of the rear door, while the lower hole doesn't go completely through.

One thing that you will need to do is measure all the locations for the bracket holes before mounting, in order for the visor to be straight and centered on the rear door.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. Post pics when you are finished. :smile

--DJ

1 - 7 of 7 Posts