Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
General information question. Does the entire dash need to be removed to replace the heater core or can it be accessed through the glove box? If anyone can point me to a thread or procedure or a clue before I break out the tools, that would be helpful. TYIA.

Edit: Have AC.

·
Registered
419 Posts
General information question. Does the entire dash need to be removed to replace the heater core or can it be accessed through the glove box? If anyone can point me to a thread or procedure or a clue before I break out the tools, that would be helpful. TYIA.

Edit: Have AC.
On my 2000 4Runner SR5, this spring.
My heater core & AC condenser was replaced with the changing out the plastic heater box...due to door flap broken.
- the whole dash was removed, and I mean everything
- glove box doesn't expose very much access
- 10.5 hours labor (book value)
- its a big job, so had other parts replaced...as preventive maintenance
- luckily my friend owns the garage, and was more than fair on labor charged

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that's not good! Right now it's just a occasional drop on the floor mat. Might Try AlumaSeal.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Pulling the dash shouldn't be too bad. Just think about how the factory would do it.They like to put things in as complete assemblies.

·
Super Moderator
11,099 Posts
Might Try AlumaSeal.
That's the ONE cure-in-a-bottle (actually a tube) I've used successfully over the years. Usually I'm trying to stop a minor head gasket leak so I shut off the heater core but you could try it for that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts