Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Rav4 enthusiasts,

I am new to this forum, but have enjoyed reading many of the informative posts today. This weekend my father and I will be replacing some hoses in a 1997 Rav4. Just for personal satisfaction, I'd like to know what the name of the two hoses I have pointed out in the following picture, which I found on this forum:
(thanks goes to Mohit for the pic). I believe the larger one is referred to as the Upper Hose, but I may be wrong. Lastly, I would like to know what would be the best way to remove the clamps from the ends of the hoses, in particularly the end of the large hose that's connected to the radiator (there's very limited space). Thanks in advanced for any help anyone can provide and if there's anything I should worry about before starting this task, feel free to fill me in.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Removing the clamps is easy. Just squeeze the ends that stick out together with plyers or vise-grips and it loosens the pressure and then just work the hose off.

The small hose may lead to the heating core or something. I'm not an expert on this motor but just follow the line to see where it goes on yours. Find out more info just post it and I'll see if I can help you.

Good luck. You'll learn alot about a vehicle by just poking around. A good rule of thumb before you start any project on your RAV is to disconect the battery. Just in case a wrench crosses something it shouldn't, you don't want to be shorting anything out and have to fix stuff you hadn't planned on.

Later. M.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice. I was worried I wouldn't be able to remove the clamp from the upper hose because there's very limited space. Should we flush the system prior to removal?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I would imagine that the big blue and chrome pipe is your air filter set up, is that some aftermarket performance piece? I havent seen anything like that before....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
peppster66 said:
I would imagine that the big blue and chrome pipe is your air filter set up, is that some aftermarket performance piece? I havent seen anything like that before....
Actually, this isn't the car I will be working on, it belongs to a member from this forum called Derek. I used this picture because it shows the parts I plan to change. I'm sure if you PM him, he can tell you all about his mods.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mohit said:
That picture you posted is of my car. It shows a custom made CAI and Lukey sports headers.
I apologize for my mistake Mohit, I must have looked at the wrong person's name.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts