Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi bought a rav 4 awhile back not running , lady said it was dieing on her sometimes when she put on the turn signal , then it would start right up. I bought it and havent been able to get it running . no spark, no fuel but it turns over and eveything else works. I tested the crank position senser , ignitor , coil . also one unusual thing sometimes when the turn signal is on the ATF light blinks in unison with the indicator. I do have a code reader but it just says error when i plug it in i guess it should be running to read properly? any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
To read the codes, put a low-amp charger on the battery for a couple hours in advance and keep it there. For my scanner, I then plug it in and turn the key to run (not start) before pushing any buttons on the scanner.

Any evidence that the car got submerged in water? Check under the mats, pull the seat belts out all the way and sniff, etc.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Perhaps a Mod could combine this thread with the existing thread started last March by a user with a similar name "Metricscaler6469" HERE.

That way, by seeing the existing 39 posts, it could save suggestions that have already been made.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Perhaps a Mod could combine this thread with the existing thread started last March by a user with a similar name "Metricscaler6469" HERE.

That way, by seeing the existing 39 posts, it could save suggestions that have already been made.
Yeah, he had a 3rd user name "Metricscaler551e" with no activity so I deleted that one. Seems like something fishy is going on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No man nothing fishy , had a problem trying to log in and wasnt sure what user name i had originally used. I'm just a regular guy . I appreciate all the help I'll just reference the posts that were sent to me and see where it goes. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts