Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted some input on this 1998 RAV4. Going to go look at it tomorrow. I understand these are rather rare, and I guess being AWD is even rarer. 5 spd would have been icing no. But is $2500, high, low or just about right?

'
Here’s a vehicle that you don’t see every day! Have you ever seen a convertible RAV4? Well, they didn’t make very many of them, less than 1200 to be exact and less than that in all wheel drive. It’s an automatic, has 179k miles on it, has hot heat and cold A/C, CD, sunroof, and aftermarket wheels. It runs very well, drives pretty good too. Mechanically, pretty darn solid. Physically it looks good, paint has faded over the years and it does have minor rusting. Top could stand to be replaced but doesn’t leak. Interior is nice and clean.
Doing a search, the closest two door convertible RAV4 I have found is Chicago and it’s a two wheel drive. Not interested in crap offers or tire kickers. I’ve done my research, asking $2500. '

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I'm not a fan of the two-door models, and even less so of soft-tops. But is interesting. Have it put up on a lift to check rust-through of the K-member, control arms, etc. And, of course, inspect for crash damage, as well as do a general going-over. Plan to spend another $1000 or so on deferred-maintenance parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Beautiful! I hope it is a great fit for you! I am in the Canary Islands and their are lots of first gen 2 doors, but none convertible with all the theft. I love it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Seller wasn't available at a convenient time - so instead I dragged home a Suzuki Jimny RHD (Samurai). 5 spd, 660cc intercooled turbo!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cincycaddy, Could you send me contact info for the owner of that vehicle. I have a friend who might be able to follow up on it for me. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts