Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gents and Ladies,

I checked out a 1998 RAV4 Cabrio (convertible), 2DR, 2WD, 5SPD this weekend. It has 104,000 miles on it. Runs well. Everything seems to work, including A/C. Exterior is good, color white and the cladding is faded. Interior is fair to good. Plastic windows are foggy/scratched.

I own a 1999 RAV4, 4WD, 5SPD which I bought new and it has been very relialble. I would still keep the '99. The '98 would be a second car.

The asking price is $5K from a local used car dealer.

I think it is totally not practical for me, but I love the looks of these little Cabrios.

Comments from the peanut gallery??

Thanks!!

:)

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
If you don't mind it being 2WD.. other than that I think 5k is a pretty good deal for a 98 2dr cabrio. 8)

I love the 2dr models, having one myself... :)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
If you have the finances to get and maintain it, do it! :thumbs_up:

Those 2 door RAVs look like a lot of fun, probably handles very well too with its short wheelbase and light weight. Lower it a bit, add some Bilsteins and rear anti-roll bar; and you're good to go. :D

I hardly ever see any 2 door RAVs anymore, they must be pretty rare by now. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I still own a '99 Cabrio that I bought new in Oct., 1998. I have enjoyed this car as much as any I've ever owned and have no plans to sell it. If you have garage space for it , buy it. As an owner of many convertibles,(I have three now) I have strong feelings that they should be garaged. The garage not only protects the top from weather, it also protects it from vandals.

Cal

·
Registered
986 Posts
It's an ok price considering it's from a dealer, but I'm biased against VW's so I say pass.

·
Registered
685 Posts
VW.......huh??? :?

What could be better in the Northeast........a 2 wheel dr ragtop for the summer and a 4 wheel dr hardtop for the winter........ :wink:

You won't have to change tires for the seasons.... :lol:

Go for it!!!!!!!!.......but have it well checked out first!!!!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Jeff said:
It's an ok price considering it's from a dealer, but I'm biased against VW's so I say pass.
haha, wrong cabrio my friend. For the 98-00' body, toyota made a 2-door convertible RAV4 which was called the "RAV4 Cabriolet" if i remember correctly, not sure tho. I actually almost bought one, but i got a fully-loaded "L" model instead.

but i will have to say thats an awesome price. if i could afford it, id go for it. those things where awesome. and im pretty sure the blue book value on one is about a 1k more than what they are asking, so its a good deal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts