Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my dad a pair of OEM roof racks off eBay for his 1998 Rav4. Since the Rav4 is in Hawaii and I'm not there to help him try and figure it out, can you guys help me out with some simple instructions I can forward to him?

Mahalo and much aloha,
Kevin

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ask your dad to give the resident RAV4 Guru - Derek a call

Hes in Hawaii as well and being the wonderful sport that he is im sure he will help your dad out 8)

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Hi Kevin. :D I too have a 1998 RAV4. I don't have the OEM roof racks, mine's are Thules. But they should be very simple to install.

Tell your father to look on the outer edges of the roof and he will see a black rubber trim running along the sides of the RAV. There are 2 sliding covers on each side. By sliding these covers open, it will expose a set of brackets that the OEM roof rack will attach to. The roof racks should have some matching hooks on the bottom that attach to these brackets.

I am not too certain how these hooks tighten down on the brackets, so hopefully someone else reading this post can enlighten us all.

By the way, welcome to the forums! You are a great son to buy your father accessories for his RAV. Can't wait for my own sons to grow up to buy me stuff for my RAV. That may take about 15-20 years. :lol: Mahalo Kevin. :D

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mahalo

Thanks, Fellas. I forwarded the last posting to my Dad. I didn't think it would be difficult. But if it is, how can I get in touch with Derek?

Mahalo and much aloha,
Kevin

1 - 5 of 5 Posts