Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased an OME 1.5" lift, it does not come with front struts so I am undecided as what to get. I am thinking Bilstein hd. I live in Saskatchewan and just drive the fields hunting so no mudding.
Also what is the difference between a strut insert and the whole assembly.
What do i need to buy?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I just purchased an OME 1.5" lift, it does not come with front struts so I am undecided as what to get. I am thinking Bilstein hd. I live in Saskatchewan and just drive the fields hunting so no mudding.
What do i need to buy?
Strut inserts/cartridges work with rebuildable struts. The struts come with screwable top where you put those cartridges. Rav4.1, 1994 - 1997 came with rebuildable struts. From '98 - 2000, they introduced sealed struts. You can solicit rebuildable struts from the junk-yard if your Rav have sealed ones. I have the lift kit with bilstein insert in the front and Koni shocks in the rear. I also got Aluminium coil spacers in the front to level it out. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
161 Posts
What do i need to buy?
I have the full OME Kit, and used Monroe Sensatrac's. They have more play than an OEM Rav4 strut so that gives the small amout of lift room to articulate. and are suited to the Medium Duty that the OME Kit was designed for.

Great setup and I've been pounding on it for over a year now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts