Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best offer see bottom post #7 for details.... needs to be towed....

I am testing the market for selling my RAV4.. 2 door 5speed AWD. CARFAX is clean... Haven't had it long I just assumed the aftermarket was going to be a bit better for it. A/C works, fair shape.. The engine has been replaced. smokes a touch on cold start up. but doesn't seam to burn any oil..

The Good
2 Door 5spd
AWD
A/C
Runs Great
19-24 MPG
Drives straight
Good brakes
Little to Zero rust
Ridiculously Loud Exhaust

The Bad
Clutch Chattering
1st gear syncros require going slow to go into first when down shifting
Power steering leak
Ridiculously Loud Exhaust
Rear Dif mount needs attention

Included are the factory FSM and Orig Window Sticker

Don't tell me about the money... Show me the money

$3500 trade for 2 door Jeep or AMC products only

PHOTOS IN PHOTOBUCKET ALBUM⇨⇨⇨⇨ Rav4 by Brokino UNo | Photobucket⇦⇦⇦⇦

Video here

Send PM's

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
You're only about 150 miles north of me. With all the Navy there in Corpus I would think that it will sell fairly quickly.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am trying to avoid craigslist... too many colorful characters to put it lightly... I may hit the base newspaper.. I believe one still exists...

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
turns out the car took a poop on me.. So new price in MAKE ME AN OFFER, needs transmission case? Apparently something cracked. and two cables.. Has new slave cylinder now..... vehicle will be rolling,steering,brakes should work... Still at mechanics.. Odds are i am not going to fix it myself.. Also in a few weeks you may see some soft top parts on Ebay if i don't get any action... Once again Send me messages

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nope ../ The little truck is driving around Corpus now... The only RAV4 things left are some FSM's...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sort of sold... I basically gave it away... I let my dream die.. After it crapped on me. it would have cost about $6000 where i wanted to get it to... and they didnt include a new soft top.. ANyway a basically just gave the mechanic the title and was hoping to see it for sale on craigslist again after fixed at a discount... Anyway I missed the sale by a few hours.. Anyway I have thrown away so much more money on new cars 2000 is really nothing... You lose $2000 just driving any new car off a lot.. The RAV was a happy medium for me.. Drove great on the Highway unlike Jeeps...and satisfactory offroad. Im done with Obscure cars for awhile..If Toyota decides to make a 2 door suv or just something without rear door handles i will be interested. It was been "fun"? not sure..

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.