Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the forum so I hope this question hasn't been asked elsewhere. When my wife came home today I noticed a metal piece hanging from beneath her car. I took a few pics. Does anyone know exactly what this part (covering/shield) is called? I looked on some other websites with replacement parts for Rav 4s but I didn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
It's very common failure with "older" vehicles as the mountings rust. I've repaired many cars with loose or rattling heat shields using large hose clamps wrapped around the both the top and bottom heat shields. Often I use two or more clamps in series. It's a cheap, effective and permanent fix.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know

Thanks! Do you know of a good site where I can order that part online? I haven't been able to locate it in my search thus far.

·
Super Moderator
10,125 Posts
Thanks! Do you know of a good site where I can order that part online? I haven't been able to locate it in my search thus far.
My point is you don't need a new part, just a way to hold the hanging shield on. The multiple hose clamp method works perfect. Hose clamps are available at any auto parts store. I just take enough of them out of my junk box to reach around the converter but you could measure that distance and buy enough to reach.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts