Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got back last week from a long road trip in the new Rav4. I am happy to say she performed great.

We drove from Ottawa, Ontario -> Jacksonville, FL -> Orlando, FL -> Jacksonville, Fl -> Gulf Shores, Alabama -> Ottawa, Ontario.

All in all, it was around a 4500 km (2780 mi.) drive in 10 days. I was totally sick of driving when i got home, but that was bound to happen after that trip.

We had 3 people plus all our gear, average speed around 65 mph I guess.. gas mileage was great at around 480 kms per tank. (~300 miles) (I usually refilled at around 1/4 tank with 450 kms driven so I'm guestimating how much further she could go on one tank)

The V6 kicked a$$ on the drive, as it made it painless in traffic while travelling the interstates.. Travelling @ 66-70 mph there was still lots left if I needed it.. Even with the full load we had.

It was also our first road trip with our Garmin C330 GPS, how did I ever travel without one? On our first days drive, when it came time to get a hotel, just pressed Hotels on the gps, it gave us the closest ones with their phone numbers.. a few quick calls to check out the rates and we were there. Absolutely no pre-planning needed with one of these things. (Just hope it doesn't break halfway through your trip :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congratulations labwaste. How about a picture of it in your RAV?

I have had the Garmin Qwest (see Albumn) for 5 months. I don't know how I survived travelling without a GPS before that. For sure, I will never travel without one again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts