Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife noticed the first scratch on her Electric Storm Blue baby today. It's about 3/8" long and is through the paint but not down to bare metal on the passenger side front door. I will probably just get one of those touch-up pens and fill it in. It won't look great but certainly won't be any worse than it is now and may offer some protection against rust. I don't know if a body shop would do something different but I'm not willing to have the entire door repainted on my dime.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

·
Member-RAV4 ReGeneration
264 Posts
My wife noticed the first scratch on her Electric Storm Blue baby today. It's about 3/8" long and is through the paint but not down to bare metal on the passenger side front door. I will probably just get one of those touch-up pens and fill it in. It won't look great but certainly won't be any worse than it is now and may offer some protection against rust. I don't know if a body shop would do something different but I'm not willing to have the entire door repainted on my dime.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Ouch! I feel your pain. The first scratch alway hurts the worst. I have still considered getting the side molding, which I think is more attractive, than many I have seen.
You might consider stopping in a body shop, to see what they recommend, without making a commitment.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have a small dent / scratch to the metal on my driver side corner panel. I have no idea where it came from. It is annoying and i thought about the pen too...but i always hate how it bumps out when you touch up the paint.

My Prius had two deep scratches from hitting the corner of a brick and a local body shop that does good work only wanted $300 to fix it and my rear bumper that was missing paint. So it might not be too much.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Prius had two deep scratches from hitting the corner of a brick and a local body shop that does good work only wanted $300 to fix it and my rear bumper that was missing paint. So it might not be too much.
Good to know. I'll try the dealer body shop first but if that's too high, I'll try an independent.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We have two rock chips on our Storm Blue HV (one on the hood and one immediately above the windshield), ordered a paint touch up kit from our dealer to at least get something there though it hasn't come in yet. Tempted to take it by a body shop to see what they would cost as both of them look like they're down to bare metal.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
8,524 Posts
A good body shop such as we have here should do a first-class job with the damage completely eliminated, but the cost probably would be rather high. Have used Toyota touch-up paint on my RAV for stone chips but the results aren't as good as I would have liked, even when thinning the touch-up paint so that it shouldn't dry and leave touch-up evidence, but it leaves evidence nonetheless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts