Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has probably been answered before but I am going to buy a 2013 to 2015 RAV4 invincible and I need to know is there a disadvantage buying the 2 later Diesel engine, also any problems with the particulate filter.
Thanks
I currently have a 2007 Ctr petrol

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Hopefully someone from your side of the pond can answer you. There are no RAV4 diesels available in North America at all. The only engine is the 2.5l petrol four cylinder.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello. I have 2015 RAV4 diesel 2.2 without particulate filter. This car is amazing, and there is no any problem to operate it. If you choose between 2.0 or 2.2 I advice you 2.2 because 2.0 is not so powerful, you need this horsepower when you overtaking. The consumption of this engine (2.2) is 8 - 9 liters, sometimes less. After 2015 years all diesel RAV4 comes with particulate filter, and it is not so problematic as some people think. Your car will be less powerful but more ecological, you have to use only quality diesel fuel. Some people in Russia disassemble this filter, you can read about it on our RAV4 community (4rav.ru).
P.S. sorry for my bad English))

1 - 4 of 4 Posts