Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.25" custom exhaust done

Just had my custom exhaust done today, 2.25" piping back, replaced the secondary cat with a Vibrant Performance high-flow cat to an Aero Turbine resonator, out to a DynoMax Super Turbo muffler. Very happy with the results.

My goal was to make it slightly louder than stock but gain performance from the larger diameter piping. Mission accomplished! Very deep growl, no raspiness or high pitch tone. Dare I say...sounds a little Subaru like. Will post sound clips after I drive it for a week or two to break everything in.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Nice.

How much total cost? (if you don't mind me asking)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Muffler was $57 shipped from Amazon, resonator $30, catalytic converter was $25 shipped from Amazon but normally $80. I happened to check it out online one day and they had one left for $25 shipped and I snatched that up.

The shop I went to charged me $200 for piping and labor. So overall total is about $315. Not bad in my opinion.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Muffler was $57 shipped from Amazon, resonator $30, catalytic converter was $25 shipped from Amazon but normally $80. I happened to check it out online one day and they had one left for $25 shipped and I snatched that up.

The shop I went to charged me $200 for piping and labor. So overall total is about $315. Not bad in my opinion.
That is an awesome price !!

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
It looks like a good install. Good clearance from underside and plenty of supports.
If it works as good as it looks, you might recommend the shop.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Very nice. Now if you can just get rid of that sticker on the tow hitch thing.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hard to tell at first. Is that stainless steel or aluminized steel.

They did a good job on the welds by the look of it. And mandrel bending is the best.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can anyone tell what Generation this is?

Would all the same bits and bobs work the same regardless of the generation ?

Still love to hear that sound clip.....

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Just had my custom exhaust done today, 2.25" piping back, replaced the secondary cat with a Vibrant Performance high-flow cat to an Aero Turbine resonator, out to a DynoMax Super Turbo muffler. Very happy with the results.

My goal was to make it slightly louder than stock but gain performance from the larger diameter piping. Mission accomplished! Very deep growl, no raspiness or high pitch tone. Dare I say...sounds a little Subaru like. Will post sound clips after I drive it for a week or two to break everything in.

Looks great Matt. Now, LET US HEAR IT. :thumbs_up: A little advice, put a chrome tip on it. It will look kickin.

·
Registered
10,484 Posts
Nice upgrade.......Sound? Plus can you finish the end with a polished/chrome tip.

I rest my case. :laugh

Oh, ha, you should spray paint it with Hi-Temp black gloss, the entire pipe system. Yes, its stainless steel, but it will give you many, many years of service and it also looks cool. If you want to get more HP out of it, let me know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts