Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

97 RAV that is.

I'm trying to see if 2DIN unit can be installed in the lower center console slot. Looks like there is a frame there already, so all I need is a face place with 2DIN slot hole. Do you guys know where to get it and the part number? Also I'm looking for a 1DIN utility tray (?) that fits a 1DIN slot. Hopefully I'm not out of options!

A

·
0 Posts
rideRav4 said:
Hello,

97 RAV that is.

I'm trying to see if 2DIN unit can be installed in the lower center console slot. Looks like there is a frame there already, so all I need is a face place with 2DIN slot hole. Do you guys know where to get it and the part number? Also I'm looking for a 1DIN utility tray (?) that fits a 1DIN slot. Hopefully I'm not out of options!
You can get a double din - Japanese market cars have them

I've had a look on the parts catalogue and I am not totally sure because it was for the Japanese market the part explination is only in japanese (although the description is english)

Trim surround 55521-16040 about $50
Blanking tray 55521-16030 about 5$

But as I say you must check with Toyota these are the double DIN surround and single shelf

Other part options are 55521-12140

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks you very much for your information. I will contact toyota dealer to see if I would be able to obtain the parts.

Cheers.

S

·
0 Posts
not entirely sure what you are trying to do from what you've said...and not entirely sure if agOw's response is going to fully answer your question.

If you are still looking for help on this and have access to a dash picture perhaps you could post a picture with some arrows to show what you are looking for.

My 99 has one 1DIN spot and a lower spot with a 1DIN opening and the cupholder/cigarette lighter. Scosche or Metra make a universal Toyota pocket (I think what you called a utility tray) that should slide right in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts