Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2013 XLE with just over 15K miles on it. I take very good care of my ride. I read about another user having issues with premature wear on their "upgraded" XLE seats on the bolsters. Well, I'm having the same issue. Dealer tells me it's considered normal wear!? really? On a 2 year old suv?? Second issue is... wait for it The center button on the 4 way steering wheel audio switch now has a crack in it right in the center. Anyone else have this happen? Seeing dealer in AM.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,930 Posts
Turns out the other user you mentioned was usually wearing pants with velcro pocket flaps. The velcro will constantly pull at the seat upholstery causing it to wear prematurely.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I was the other user that had the issue with the seats. Mine was from wearing a leatherman tool in a pouch that had velcro on the flap that was sticking out. I had no idea velcro caused that problem until i read it on this forum :shrug:. Dealer replaced the seat cover for me for a one time no charge. Since i stopped wearing the Leatherman i have had no issues with the seat.

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
I got a terrific wear hole in my GMC. Fixed it by switching to a shoulder holster.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, but wear is not from wearing anything on pants. The way the weave is stitched and angle of boulster seems to promote wear. Dealer stated they would replace cover if it got too bad in a short time frame.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Could the way we get in/out of our cars caused the extra wear? There is not a right or wrong way here, what I mean is some people tend to lean against the seat back then slide down on to the driver seat and get in to a comfortable position to drive while others set their butts in to the seat first then turn & slide their backs in to position and there are yet others like to step their right foot in first before setting in to the driver seat... Just my observation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If Toyota steering wheels truly tilted instead of sliding up and down getting into many of their vehicles would mean far less wear and tear on seat and driver.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Here is an update to the cracked steering wheel center button: Dealer is replacing the whole assembly under warranty. They said that is the first time they have seen a button crack on such a new vehicle. First for everything! I think is was due to the very high heat we've been having in the northeast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts