Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the car 2 weeks now, pretty much done with the exterior tweaking.

thinking of doing the foot well lighting next..

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the list of work so far goes like this...

All weather mats and carbon fiber look sill protectors

body side moldings, door edge guards and rear bumper protector

roof rack delete.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like the look of the roof rack being remove. I was thinking of doing this to mine but wasn't sure how it would look. What is involved in removing it? I would assume it leaves some holes in the top of the roof.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will warn you WARN in capital letters, that I had a BITCH of a time getting the end caps off, and that was after reading every thread I could find on the subject.

I now have a very small dent in my roof for my effort.

After that the cut off wheel came out and I cut the tops off the farkers and then trimmed the sides to get to the hardware.....

180 bucks in caps is cheaper than a dent repair and refinishing.

All you need for parts is the 4 caps, 4 brackets, and the 8 replacement bolts that are shorted and include the gaskets. The bolts are what keep the water out. Parts can be found online, should run you about 60 bucks on the low side, 70 on the high side.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I thought that I would try my local dealer first ref those sill guards. Guess what? They are yet another part that Toyota New Zealand don't import.:frown

So yet again I have to import the items that I want from the U.S.A. myself. Ok it's easy as but I like to go into a shop and see items in the raw and not
only on a computer screen. That rather shows my age doesn't it ? :laugh:laugh

Well I ordered them on the 29th March and they arrived this morning 2nd April - well a big thanks to Amazon as there original quote was 15th April. They are now installed.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I thought that I would try my local dealer first ref those sill guards. Guess what? They are yet another part that Toyota New Zealand don't import.:frown

So yet again I have to import the items that I want from the U.S.A. myself. Ok it's easy as but I like to go into a shop and see items in the raw and not

Nope! It show's that you're a connoisseur and particular in what you purchase with your money. ?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: Grumpy old man

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

These are the ones available at Canadian dealers. I prefer the look of these to the ones linked to above. Can't link directly but they are under interior accessories. They were installed on mine when I bought it so I got them free. WooHoo! Was worried the stainless steel would scratch over time from sand etc but they look good as new a few years later. Bit of a price difference though.

2016 RAV4 Accessories - Toyota Canada

1 - 20 of 25 Posts