Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I recently bought a 2000 RAV4 4x2 with a blown engine. I haven't had a chance to pull the head to inspect it yet but the bottom end is locked up.

So the stock engine is a 3S-FE from what I've researched.

Is it possible to directly bolt in a Camry 4 cylinder engine instead?

Just curious because the Camry engines are more popular and readily available. Or if there are any other direct bolt in engine options please let me know.

Thanks...

·
Registered
40 Posts
If you're looking for extra power, drop in a 3S-GTE. You get 250hp and hektic tsu, tsu, tsu, tsu, tsu >:D

It uses the same block as the 3S-FE so mounts will be in the right place. You might need to shuffle some things around to fit the turbo, cooler and pipework, but it'd be totes worth it to have a Rav that can potentially crank out 650hp

·
Registered
149 Posts
Options are:
3sfe
5sfe
3sge
5sge
3sgte
5sgte
3vz
1mz
4gr
2gr
2az

The 3sge is a good upgrade without too much grief. The 3sgte makes a fun rav. The 5sfe can be used as a donor to build the 5sgte.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you're looking for extra power, drop in a 3S-GTE. You get 250hp and hektic tsu, tsu, tsu, tsu, tsu >:D

It uses the same block as the 3S-FE so mounts will be in the right place. You might need to shuffle some things around to fit the turbo, cooler and pipework, but it'd be totes worth it to have a Rav that can potentially crank out 650hp
That sounds like fun...

Hektick tsu sounds awesome as well....but what the hell does it mean? :smile Auzzie Term?

Unfortunately my plans are lame. I'm just looking for the most cost effective engine to replace and keep it as close to stock. I already have a few fun turbo cars...

Do you know if anyone on this forum has ran a 5sfe engine in their gen 1 rav4 with good results?

The 5sfe is a 2.2 rather than the stock 2.0. I wonder if the stock engine computer would still run it effectively...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Where are you located? I have been trying to sell my spare engine with perfect compression without any luck :( I stared asking $400 and I am now down to just $250!!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
That sounds like fun...

Hektick tsu sounds awesome as well....but what the hell does it mean? :smile Auzzie Term?

Unfortunately my plans are lame. I'm just looking for the most cost effective engine to replace and keep it as close to stock. I already have a few fun turbo cars...

Do you know if anyone on this forum has ran a 5sfe engine in their gen 1 rav4 with good results?

The 5sfe is a 2.2 rather than the stock 2.0. I wonder if the stock engine computer would still run it effectively...

Hahaha! Maybe it is and I just never realised. "Hektic" is a synonym for excessively good. generally employed by the ethnic Aussies.

"Tsu-tsu-tsu-tsu" if you say it aloud, is the noise of turbo flutter when you back off after boosting, but don't open the BOV. We call it dosing too, as it's often amplified via a dose pipe.

Here's a Youtube clip of a VL Calais dosing it's head off:

What do you guys call this in your part of the world?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts