Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I turned off my car's engine and left my radio on while loading something into it for less than 2 minutes. When I restarted the engine, the radio turned off briefly like expected but didn't turn back on. After driving for 5 minutes or so, the radio turned on by itself then turned off again. Please advise what to do next. Where do I find the radio fuse? (Unfortunately I do not have the owners manual.) If fuse isn't blown what's the next step?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
First would be check the fuse, which is in the fuse panel under the steering wheel on the left end of the dash. If that fuse is good (if there is any question about it, just replace it), then the next step would be to pull the radio out of the dash and check the wiring, make sure a wire didn't rub through and short out (which is becoming more common on Toyota's as old as ours).

Also, try searching the forums. Not only has this been talked about in the past, but I remember someone posting a link to an online version of the owners manual (I might be wrong). Welcome to the forum BTW :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, try the fuse in the back of the sterio.
There is another fuse in the wiring loom, a small fuse box,cable tied to another bigger box a 10A fuse inside the small box.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts