Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey...I'm just new to the forum, as I am a brand new 2001 RAV4 owner and loving it already. Unfortunately, my car didn't come with an owner's manual and I can't figure out how to change the clock on the CD player. I've set the one that's in the car, however, the one on the CD player is a bit more troublesome. Does anyone know how to fix this??

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry...what I mean is setting the time on the clock. I know, it should be simple, but I'm fairly good with electronics and can't figure this one out.

Thanks,
Rachel

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
rmattie said:
Sorry...what I mean is setting the time on the clock. I know, it should be simple, but I'm fairly good with electronics and can't figure this one out.

Thanks,
Rachel
Is the Canadian 2001's clock different? Because mine has a "Reset" (resets to 1200) "H" (hour of course) and "M" (and minutes) buttons below the LCD display to set it. Cycles a digit with each button press. 12-hour clock only, no AM/PM.

·
Registered
771 Posts
rmattie ---- I didn't realize the radio had a clock untill I unplugged the battery to reset the ECU. (another story)

My radio is not like the one pictured above. Mine lights up in Green while the rest of the displays in the RAV are orange. Yours Too?

On the Clock (radio) you will see on the top right button it says above it "clock" in very small type. Press and hold this and use the preset buttons "1" & "2" for hour and minute (should also be above each button in very small type). This is how to set the clock.

I use the clock built into the dash bellow the radio so I was annoyed when the clock came back on after I reset the Computer.

If you hold the "clock" button as I mentioned the display changes to just display what is on the radio/CD. Ex: 104.1 FM or CD Track 2 2:24 ....etc. I like this better so I just leave it set on display mode so I don't have two clocks looking me in the face.

Hope this helps. Later. M.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I did not know that there was a clock in the radio! I just use the clock on the wrist (or is it called the watch). Doesn't any one wear wrist watches any more! Just joking. :) I actually use the clock on the dash.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys...My clock is like Marcutio's...and I tried everything but what you suggested. That should do the trick. I agree I don't like the two clocks in the face thing, but thought it would default back to the clock even if I changed the display. Maybe I'll just stick with the CD display!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts