Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2001 Rav4 and I have been trying to find some options for Keyless entry. I have seen that there are some aftermarket kits ranging $100 - $200 price wise. What I am really interested in, is should I just look for the Toyota parts at a wrecking yard that will just fit into the harness or are these kits easy enough to install that the money saved is worth it.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
CBaker said:
We have a 2001 RAV4 and I have been trying to find some options for Keyless entry. I have seen that there are some aftermarket kits ranging $100 - $200 price wise. What I am really interested in, is should I just look for the Toyota parts at a wrecking yard that will just fit into the harness or are these kits easy enough to install that the money saved is worth it.
Do you have power door locks? If so adding keyless entry is fairly simple. Can get kits for around $40-$50 on ebay, autozone, best buy, circuit city, even some Wal-marts/Targets. It's pretty much plug and play. Nothing too complicated.

Here's an example:
ebay link

For the $100-$200 price range, you're talking quality security systems, not just a keyless entry kit.

If you don't have power door locks you'll have to get some actuators as well and is a more involved install.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have power locks & windows so the add-on kit shouldn't be too much trouble then. I will look around and see what is available locally. Thanks for the input.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts