Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just tried to start my RAV..won't crank over. All accessories, head lights work fine...turn the key...nothing! Thinking maybe clutch switch...so I checked the nipple. It looks fine...press on it and it springs back. Starter maybe? I've got 246K miles on the old gal.(my RAV..not my wife). What do you think??

Thanks,
Skeet

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,842 Posts
Try banging on the starter with a big screwdriver handle or a small hammer. If it then starts, you need a new starter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Try banging on the starter with a big screwdriver handle or a small hammer. If it then starts, you need a new starter.
Junebug.
I just came from my garage. I reconnected elec. plug to top of clutch starter switch. I thought "What the hell....I'll try to start it once more before I move on to the starter"........and the sucker started! I've started it twice in the last 15 minutes...gonna wait another hour and see if it starts again. Now.... I'm more confused than I usually am???:confused:

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,842 Posts
Well either the clutch safety switch if flaky, or the connector might have been a little corroded.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Junebug,
Still able to start this am. Going to drive into town & hopefully make it back. Thanks so much for your replies...skeet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts