Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CEL on with P1135 code. I replaced Bank 1 Sensor 1 with Shinehome 234-9023. the CEL is off after reset, and stayed off for about 4 weeks. It then came on again with P1135. I have checked that the heater in the sensor is 1.3 ohm.
The engine runs great without any problems.

What else could go wrong? Should I replace it with a Denso part?

Thanks in advance!
David

·
Registered
7 Posts
While I'm not sure exactly what the issue is, I've also had problems with no-name A/F sensors on the 1AZ-FE engine. The fuel system was behaving erratically and I got P1135 and P1155 from time to time. (I actually could hear the problem in the form of some slight engine surging, but in my case I replaced both sensors at the same time, whereas replacing only one may mask the problem.)

Running with an incorrect fuel mixture might affect the life of your engine and catalytic converter... I'd suggest hooking the car up to a scan tool and making sure that the Bank 1 fuel system is behaving similarly to Bank 2, or just replacing with a Denso sensor and sleeping soundly at night.

For what it's worth, non-Denso O2 sensors seemed to work okay, seems like the ECU is more picky about the A/F sensors.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts