Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just found a TSB reguarding an ECM calibration to solve this problem, but my car came from California and has California emissions. The TSB does not say anything about vehicles equipped with Calif. emissions. It does fall within the VIN number listed in the TSB though.

The car is running great otherwise with about 65K on the odometer. Should this type of repair be covered under warranty? The TSB reads: "This repair is covered under the Toyota Federal Emissions Warranty. This warranty is in effect for 96 months or 80,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the vehicle's in-service date"

Thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
Both the Federal and the California emissions warranties apply to our cars in California, and any work done per that TSB and the emissions warranties should be at no extra charge to you.

If your RAV has those emissions-related codes on board, especially if your check engine light lit as a result, definitely get the recalibration done. :!: Also ask the dealership to check the emissions system (catalytic converter and sensors) at the same time. Sometimes the recalibration is all that's needed.

Do a search in these forums for emissions, sensor, and catalytic converter discussions.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info. It looks like I didn't clarify that my Check Engine light is on with these codes (P0420 and P0430). It came on about a couple months ago with these codes and I reset the ECM. It came back on last Wednesday about half-way during a 4 hour road trip. It seemed to come on almost immediately after filling up with gas. I did check to make sure the fuel cap was on secure though.

I took it to Auto Zone and it pulled the same codes again. I reset the ECM and it came back on about an hour or two later.

The car is running great getting about 27-29mpg.

2002 2.0L 5spd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts