Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I just purchased a 2002 rav4 and was wonder how to install hids? I have done them on many cars and this one is different it seems like it cuts ground not power? Any ideas anyone or has anyone done this !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No like how to wire up the hids... Seems like I have 2 constant power and 1 ground but the ground cuts not the power when you switch off witch is messing with my mind. On a average vehicle the ground is constant and when you switch head lights on the power comes on and when you turn high beams on the high beams light gets power. On a rav 4 the power is constant even with key on the when lights are switched on the ground kicks in

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Projectors were retrofitted from a 2010 ford fusions fog light projectors I have the housings done and installed finally as of today but now I can't figure out the wiring as to how it's works. It is by far diffrent from any other car I've owned

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Toyota commonly reverses polarity on the lighting system and switches the ground rather than the hot.

You should be able to buy a harness from your supplier that is wired for Toyota.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts