Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Toyota RAV4 that had some front end damage, which we had repaired almost 10 months ago. Recently the engine started sounding rough and the exhaust started making a rattle.

I took it to the shop and the mechanic showed me the attached pic and said the motor has broken off one of the brackets and quoted $1100 to fix it. He said he could not figure out how it happened, until I told him about the wreck, then he said that is exactly how it happened.

I don't know much about cars and am not sure if this is a simple motor mount job or something more intense which would reflect the higher price. The bolt is obviously not lined up with the hole in the picture.

Can someone explain what will be done to fix this, and would it be causing the engine to start shaking lose from the exhaust system?

Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
I'm not seeing a pic

I had to replace my head gasket, the process requires removing the bolt from the passenger side engine mount so you can lift the engine. I also found that the job was easier
with the front engine mount bolts removed (there are two mounts if I remember correctly) so you get more movement on the engine.
I wouldn't say the price is out of line, but couldn't you go back and have it fixed because of the accident? They'll likely howl and resist, but it sounds like they didn't do a complete repair.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts