Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2003 RAV4 L and can see the lamps under the turn signals in the bumper. Unfortunately, The vehicle did not come with the owners manual.

Can anyone tell me how to turn these lights on :oops:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, PBG is right. There is a little pitted ring around the indicator stalk which also has the headlamp switch on it. Just give that ring a twist.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Modderrhu said:
Yes, PBG is right. There is a little pitted ring around the indicator stalk which also has the headlamp switch on it. Just give that ring a twist.
That was it :) I hadn't noticed the ring. My old 96 RAV4 didn't have fog lights.

Tested! They work fine :D

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
gamma742 said:
But I really wanted a manual to make the vehicle complete.
Not just to make the vehicle more complete, but it actually does contain some valuable information too. Good find!

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dont have pitted ring around that lighting switch, but my 2003rav4 have fog light installed.

is there anyway i can use my foglight without the pitted ring around the lighting switch.

thanks!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i am havign the same problems. I just bought my 2003 rav, have fog lamps in the bumper, and twisting the headlamp switch is not turning them on. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kelly Smith said:
The FOGLIGHTS only work when the headlights are on and set to LOW BEAM setting.

If you want them to work ALL the time... try this, courtesy of Antoine 8)

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/apharamond/RAV4/id96.htm
This is the Driving/Fog Lamp schematic for the following situation:

1) Rav has Factory Fog Lamps (and therefore a Fog Lamp switch).

2) The Power Outlets are not being modified.

3) The Fog Lamps will go on with the park lamps and/or headlights instead of just the low beams.

this is my problem, i cannot find that fog lamp switch in my RAV4

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Modderrhu said:
The switch must be there. Look at your emergency brake handle. See how it looks pitted? The little pitted ring looks just like the brake handle. Twist on the headlights, then give the pitted ring a twist.

I never would have found it myself if it hadn't been for "Modderrhu

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ei guys! anymore info how can i use my fog light! that pitted ring is not available in my rav.

do i need to go to toyota service center for additional installation of fog light swithc :(

·
Registered
132 Posts
If there is no "pitted ring" on your light switch, then maybe you have some sort of after-market switch. Check for any hidden switches under the Dashboard. I assume there's no switch in those slots right under your dimmer switch (for the instrument panel lights), otherwise you would've seen it. Check the fuse. Also check if the bulbs are busted, it might've been hooked up to work with your headlights (that is they turn on when headlights or park lights are turned on). Since you'll need to unscrew the lens to check the bulbs, you could also check if the wires actually go anywhere, it's possible that the former owner never got the wiring done....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts