Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The outter most hard shell painted cover is missing. And they are expensive, especially if you add paint to the price tag.

So, wondering if anyone has gone from the hard cover to a soft one? Can I just buy a soft one on ebay and cover the tire? Or do I have to dismount the tire and get rest of the hard over off?

Open to suggestions/ideas/opinions....

·
Registered
272 Posts
go without any cover
<== see pic
advantages?
easier access when you need it
more likely to have proper inflation since it is easier to check and fill
makes the rather effeminate RAV4 look like a man's car :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't mind that look, but mine is the version or trim that is ALL painted and doesn't have those different colored molds and such. So the tire sticking out woudl be weird. PLus I have 4 alloys and the spare s a steelie. Oh, and this is the wife's car...lol

·
Registered
272 Posts
I don't mind that look, but mine is the version or trim that is ALL painted and doesn't have those different colored molds and such. So the tire sticking out woudl be weird. PLus I have 4 alloys and the spare s a steelie. Oh, and this is the wife's car...lol

so I guess checking the spare tire pressure and changing a flat isn't gonna be something she needs to worry about :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eh, if everyone else can remove a cover and replace it when needed, she can too.

But I'm be more afraid of theft, those three exposed bolts make it an easy target. I know, if they want it they will take it but I don't want to invite them or make their job easier either!

·
Registered
98 Posts
PLus I have 4 alloys and the spare s a steelie. Oh, and this is the wife's car...lol
Here's how you handle this. When she's not around, swap the steelie to the right rear. Do whatever it takes to make the thing look like it's been there for a while, then ask her if she's ever noticed that one of the wheels is different than the others. Tell her it looks weird like that and then offer to swap it with the spare on the back so they all match. Bask in the heroic light of a champion.

If she suspects you, look innocent and blame the missing wheel on thieves.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts