Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, is there a way to make the horn beep when you lock the doors with keyless entry?

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would like it to beep once for lock, twice for unlock.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can't speak for the 03, but on the 04 you get a low volume "beep" when you activate the wireless lock. It shouldn't be too difficult to find the beeper and just wire in a relay to the beeper circuit. The relay could then be connected to the horn circuit (via a diode) which would activate the horn in addition to the beeper.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: 2003 RAV4 - How do I Make horn beep when locking doors?

csis_agent said:
Hey everyone, is there a way to make the horn beep when you lock the doors with keyless entry?
Do your indicator lights blink once for lock and twice for unlock?

If this is the case then you need to find out where your alarm circuitry is and hook a relay in parallel to the signals that drive your indicator lights and wire the opposite end of the relay to your horn.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an aftermarket keyless entry system with remote start, creates a problem. There is a tone that sounds, comes from the aftermarket ECU, but it is inside the cabin and it beeps once for lock/unlock, maybe I can tap into this curcuit. I examined the factory electrical wiring diagrams for the keyless entry system but I could not find any mention of a beeper/buzzer, just flashing lights. My lights blink once for lock and unlock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts