Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I've been SCOURING these forums. None of the previous threads have helped.

Here is my situation...

I have the 2003 Rav4 base model. Originally came without fog lights. I installed the fog lights using the already existing wiring hardnesses. The issue now is that they dont turn on.

On my interior I do not have the new stalk with fog. I do have a toggle button which when pressed does turn on the fog light instrument cluster light. But the fogs still dont turn on.

I checked the fog fuse, looks like its good to go. The fog relay I couldnt find, but all relay spots seem to be occupied. I just placed an order on eBay for the fog stalk, but shouldnt this work if its lighting up the fog light symbol on the instrument cluster?

Thanks!

·
Registered
807 Posts
I did the same conversion as you, but I used the OEM foglight stalk w/ OEM lights. Works and looks factory, because it's factory parts. I would advise against using a toggle switch, just use the OEM stalk, it's $30

·
Registered
13 Posts
Probably would've been better if you checked to make sure you were receiving 12v at the bulb connector or checking your ground connection. Who knows....are you even sure there was a light bulb connected to the fogs?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Must be a missing fog light-relay, you can find the empty spot lying on your back under/behind the steering wheel (use a flashlight). It's next to the horn-relay.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts