Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently pulled off my alternator to replace the thermostat and decided to do the brushes in the alternator. This was the wear on the brushes that I pulled after ~165k miles. I am assuming the alternator was original, as well as the water pump, since I bought the car at ~110k miles. Decided to leave the pump alone but am curious as to how long these pumps typically last. I am sure there is quite a bit of variation but life expectancy could have some merit even for external water pumps. There is definitely more merit to preventative maintenance on internal water pumps since they are usually changed during TB replacement. Debating about replacing it since I only have a short window to replace myself otherwise will have to pay a premium to have mechanic replace the pump in the future.

20191016_130647[1].jpg

·
Registered
67 Posts
My water pump went bad at 175000 km. Started to make a loud noise at idle. I have the 1AZ-FE, but the water pump is the same as on the 2AZ-FE

·
Registered
20 Posts
just order the Aisin water pump from amazon, the original one is still going strong but recently the alternator failed at 320,000KM, that made me decide to get ready. I changed the tensioner at the same time even it is still good. I am planning to do the water pump in spring time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My water pump started dripping a few drops which were vaporizing immediately (mechanic saw the dripping by the color that was left behind by the coolant) at 225.868 km

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just order the Aisin water pump from amazon, the original one is still going strong but recently the alternator failed at 320,000KM, that made me decide to get ready. I changed the tensioner at the same time even it is still good. I am planning to do the water pump in spring time.
Thanks all for the replies, based on the responses, though it is a small sample size, it appears that these pumps generally make it over 200,000m/320,000km. I am a little surprised by that based on generic info I found browsing the internet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts