Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought and installed a set of OEM fog lights. When I removed the fog light blanks, I noticed the factory fog light connectors (harness), so I connected the lamps and now figure the rest of the wires are already connected with just the fog light switch being left to install. Here is the question....
Does anyone know if the fog light switch is a 4 wire connector? When I pulled out the switch blank, I noticed a 4 wire connector just hanging there. Once I confirm the conector is a 4 wire, all I need to do is find one on the internet to buy. Please advise.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Re: 2004 RAV4 fog light switch

Hrrmm... Well, there must be dealer-installed fogs and switchwork, because my factory fogs are switched on the left hand control stalk (a rotating ring).

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The OEM foglamps complete set should come with a signal lever intergrated with a swivel to on the foglamps.

U have to replace your stock signal lever with this lever. The existing wiring are already in place and there's no need for any further wiring.

·
Registered
16 Posts
is there any wiring mod that lets you turn on the fog lights by themselves? I'm not sure if this would be a good alternative to drl,

·
Registered
685 Posts
As mentioned above, it's doubtful the four wire connector behind the sw blank is for the fogs......as they're switched with a replacement lighting stalk on the steering column.......BUT....there's no reason you can't locate the wires in the column and run them back to a switch installed where a blank was. You'll also need a 12v key-switched source such as the power outlet/lighter. Keep in mind you'll need to install the fog relay, which I gather from other threads is the same as the horn relay, and located by it in the under hood fuse box.......
I'm going by what I've gathered in many of the threads on the subject, as I don't have fogs!!!
Given a choice of fogs or driving lites, I'd take driving lites any day.......

·
Registered
265 Posts
Is there any wiring mod that lets you turn on the fog lights by themselves? I'm not sure if this would be a good alternative to drl,

Yes there is mod. posted by Antonio that allows the fogs to work with the parking lights or headlights.
You will have to seacrh this forum to find it though. The post contains detailed instructions and photos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts