Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Anyone know an easy way to replace them. What bulbs do you recommend??
My friend, there is no easy way!! I just did mine a couple months ago and cursed every swear word known to common day man lol. Worst design I have ever seen for parking light replacement. For the passenger side I squeezed my hand through the wheel well from the wheel side and cursed and got the connector twisted and pulled out.

Good luck!!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
272 Posts
if your wrists aren't overly large you can do it from the headlight access, but you will be doing it blind by feel and expect some bruises or even minor cuts. After I replaced mine I was happy the vehicle had over 230K on it and likely would never have to do it again.
It was quite a squeeze, luckily the second one went faster since by then I had figured out how to twist the first one out, except of course it was a mirror image. lol

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Anyone know an easy way to replace them. What bulbs do you recommend??
If you push out the fender shield a little you can reach in from below and change the parking light bulb. There is no bolts to remove when accessing the fender shield. The driver side seem harder to do compared to the passenger side.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you push out the fender shield a little you can reach in from below and change the parking light bulb. There is no bolts to remove when accessing the fender shield. The driver side seem harder to do compared to the passenger side.
Agreed. Either way it's a guarantee your hand will come out with some scrapes. :)

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts