Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got notice that I need to take my car to the dealership to fix the airbag sensor or something. Interestingly, when I am paying, they can get me in the next day. When it is FREE, it takes 3 weeks to get an appointment. They told me it should take 3 hours to repair. Toyota notified people in batches by mail. If you have a 2004, you are definitely part of the recall; they may just have not gotten to your car yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Our dealership (Austin, TX) has been very slow in getting back to us on this, claiming a supply shortage.

Is this the general experience?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I was notified that my 2004 RAV4 is part of the recall months ago and told I'll be notified for repair in the future.
I live in New York and I believe warm humid states where most the the problems exist , will be called first.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have called Toyota dealership in Chicago few days ago and scheduled my apoitment for the next day. It took 3 hours to be fixed. Besides that they have performed detailed exam of the vehicle and wrote down everything that got their attention. Generally I'm very satisfied with their service. At least everyone should go to dealership for recall because you'll get free examination of your car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts