Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My wife has a 2004 Rav4 LE AWD with the 2AZ-FE engine w/automatic. The vehicle has about 237,000 miles on it. Outside of normal wear and tear the vehicle has been the best vehicle we've owned. Lately however the vehicle has been stalling after filling the gas tank. There is no check engine light and I've searched the forum and didn't come across any similar stalling incidents.

We have kept up with normal maintenance and our mechanic hasn't been able to recreate the problem. As I was explaining to him though, it literally only happens just after we fill the tank with gas which we normally do when we are down to a 1/4 tank. The vehicle will turn over strong as normal then die out almost immediately. If you give the car some gas it wont stall.

All maintenance is up to date. Its very puzzling at this point. We have become accustomed to this happening and I thought I'd attempt to find a solution on this forum. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
731 Posts
This sounds like a canister purge solenoid that is stuck open. I have seen this personally on GM products and Mini Coopers. Disconnect and plug the canister purge line going to the tank and then go get a fillup. I'm betting it will start fine. If this is the case, then go to your Toyota dealer and buy a canister purge solenoid.

I am not working on the vehicle, so this is a best guess.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.