Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find that I'm strangely obsessing about having one of those Chile Sport grilles like the one that was for sale in the classified section. But, since it has either been sold or the person is just not responding (I've sent several PMs), I've searched and found a Canadian Toyota dealer that will sell me the grille. Cost is $100CAD ($86USD). Not sure on shipping cost yet ($35-40USD?). Reason for the post is that I saw several people interested in this grille and thought the information would be helpful. I think it looks sharp and it will be something unique to have on a US RAV4.

One question though, I noticed that the grille in the classified section is Titanium Silver, and my RAV is Spectra Blue. Any opinions on whether the Titanium Silver would look good on a Spectra Blue RAV or should I just go for the color match and get the blue one (or black)? Personally, I think the silver would look good, but then again, it might look out of place.

OK, another question. Is this grille the same shape/design as the US Sport grille and just have a 'RAV4' logo instead of the Toyota moniker, or is it unique? I can't find a close up pic of the US Sport grille.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After further emails with several dealers, seems that this grille is actually $125CAD, plus tax ($20CAD), plus shipping ($40CAD) for a total of around $158USD. It is colour (sic) coded. Now to decide on color...

[EDIT] Nevermind - got one dealer to sell it to me for $106CAD, plus tax/shipping.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
John I did a bit of searching for Chili’s for you.

Check my Album, there are 2 Chili's in it.
The white is an 03 Chili and the second is from the 05.

Here is my input on the color.

All black will make your grill look slightly bigger (the same as all other models).

Matching blue will have the same effect as the 05 Chili pic which is elegant and I like it personally.
If you accent it with silver it will to stand out more. Note that the silver will match your Blue better than the Red in the pic. But I think I would prefer silver if it had silver or chrome horizontal bars like the Equinox.

Good luck,

Walt

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Correction 03 is black... Sorry i am colour blind :roll:

I hope you will still consider my advice :lol: :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the pics. I stared at a pic of a blue one last night with the silver grille next to it for like 20 minutes and couldn't decide. From looking at your 05 pic, I think I'll play it safe and order the matching color one for mine. In any case, this grille looks much better than the OEM one I have.

Also, you Canadian guys are lucky in that you can get the hood scoop on the solid color RAV4 and we can't. The person on this forum that has a hood scoop on hers had to buy it and get it painted. That's way too much trouble to bother with.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the grille today, but it has the Toyota logo in the center and not the RAV4 red logo. I went through the trouble of ordering this from a Canadian dealer because of that. Doh. I'll have to contact them and ask them what's up with that. It looks really nice though, but I could have gotten the one with the Toyota logo here in the States.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts