Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a rough time with this vehicle. I had both my front wheel bearings go bad up front. Toyota wanted about 600 to replace them and align the car when they was done. I am beyond maxed out on debt and so I decided to try and fix it myself. I have a ton of tools and often fix things on vehicles when they break.

These are pressed bearings so I took the housings off, bought 2 bearings on ebay and had them pressed at a shop for 120 bucks. So I am in 160 or so counting bearings and other parts.

My ABS sensor stripped out the bolt so I bought a tap and fixed that issue. I put it all back together and now I cant even drive it without the car showing the sliding car light and engaging my front brakes randomly throwing me all over the road.

So, I read to disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and try that. I left it off for like 2 hours while I did other work and put it back together. Now the car will NOT idle at all and the car still thinks its on ice or something and cuts the power back when you drive and engages the front brakes.

Why will my car not idle now? What on earth is wrong with the traction control? I tried turning the tracking control off but it never seems to fully shut off.

We are at 196,200 miles and its been a good car. I want it to keep going :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know on other Toyota's if you reset the ECU by removing the EFI fuse or disconnecting the battery, the motor will run rough for a few drive cycles then smooth out.

Again, on my Land Cruiser, I just pulled the ABS fuse to get rid of ABS kicking in when it shouldn't. VERY DANGEROUS.

Did you pull the ABS sensor and remove any metal particles or clean it off? You may have to do it to all the sensors.
If that doesn't fix, you will have to have the code read to see what is going on.

There is a procedure to reset the Traction Control, search the forum to find out how, never done it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts