Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The two front doors are leaking from the top of the window area. It is as if the water is sitting and then when I start driving (the forward motion) causes water to pour down on both sides. Since we had heavy rain I had heavy leaking on the front passenger side, this morning had to bail out a good 2-3 inches of water from the front passenger floorboard, it is also getting wet on the back passenger side but not as much. Help! :surprise

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Suggest that you check the door and window weather stripping for sealing. Use a piece of paper and close the windows and doors onto it. If the seal is good there will be resistance when pulling the paper out while the window and door are shut. Move successively especially along the front and top edges of the windows and doors, but to be certain check all of the seals, especially front, upper, and side rear portions. If the paper pulls out with no or almost no resistance the door seal is defective and needs to be replaced.

·
Premium Member
7,936 Posts
I'd check the door drains at the bottom of the doors, they get plugged and will allow water to collect in the doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts