Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for a service repair manual or software for my 2005 RAV4 and if anyone knows one that is complete with diagrams. I just purchase one from repair surge because they claim that it is a complete manual software, what a disappointment it turn out to be. It is not complete, it only shows the part and nothing more, there is no illustration of removal, just a bunch of instructions that makes no senses. This is my first time on an DIY auto repair so I would like to have something that would help me alone the way step by step.
Any advice or help is really appreciate by this novice. Thanks

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
Go to the FORUMS heading at the top of this page. Go to 4.2 GENERAL and the first "sticky" list is for a bunch of repair manuals for 2001 on.:cheers:

·
Registered
3,747 Posts
The free one on the General sticky section is very good. I bought one on Ebay and that one is ok but not that much more info. I have a Haynes manual which is very good but somethings are not well explained in terms of procedures or pictures. You just can't beat the information available on this site overall.:smile

·
Premium Member
172 Posts
You mean the Hazy Haynes? :doh:As a mechanic I find those severely lacking in a lot of details. If you are new at fixing your car it can point you in the general direction but there are some MAJOR missing details that if you don't know them, things don't work. Example: try removing the passenger drive shaft from the steel fitting without knowing (that is NOT mentioned in the Haynes manual!!) that there is a "C" ring clamp holding it in place. Grrrr.....:wall I suppose they are better than nothing but the shop manuals can't be beat....if you can find them.. I have not pulled up the Sticky Manuals yet to see what they are.... Oh: and information on this Forum can't be beat as well....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello everyone, thank you for the very helpful information. I am sorry it took me this long to respond to the post, but for the past week I have been busy dealing and struggling in the learning the trade of repairing the rav4s. Right now I am in the process of trying to figure out as to where I could locate the ECT sensor and diagnosing the water pump, it would take time, but eventually I am sure I will succeed. Once again thank you for the assisted help��

RAV4 World community Rocks��

·
Registered
2 Posts
I an error on the Swiss MyDrive site when I try to login to get the manuals. I attached a screenshot to this post. Any chance someone could host it another way or email it to me directly? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Attachments

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hello, I am looking for a service repair manual or software for my 2005 RAV4 and if anyone knows one that is complete with diagrams. I just purchase one from repair surge because they claim that it is a complete manual software, what a disappointment it turn out to be. It is not complete, it only shows the part and nothing more, there is no illustration of removal, just a bunch of instructions that makes no senses. This is my first time on an DIY auto repair so I would like to have something that would help me alone the way step by step.
Any advice or help is really appreciate by this novice. Thanks

YouTube probably has most everything the DIY needs. I am amazed at the wealth of information there. It is a repository of knowledge and experience, all for free.

At work we use Identifix, which is subscription based. It is online and comprehensive. If, on the rare occasion, we cannot find the information we need, a click of the mouse will have the Identifix staff faxing or emailing what they have.

Color wiring diagrams and factory wiring diagrams, locations, part numbers, dealer pricing, procedures, bulletins, recalls, and the best of all is their enormous database of fixes. That is the #1 reason we subscribe. If I have an issue with a vehicle that I am unfamiliar with or a symptom or a fault code, the second step is to the computer to look it up. Tens of thousands of shops belong to Identifix, and when they have a problem they post it, and unless it is really obtuse, chances are someone else has has the same type of vehicle in their shop with the same symptom. They post the fix, and over time, other shops that have the same issue on a similar vehicle will logon, search for the fix, and verify the fix worked. It is not uncommon to have X vehicle in your shop doing Y, and 280 other shops have had a similar vehicle in the shop doing Y, and they build on this fix database. Then I head right for that area, test whatever needs to be tested, and chances are the fix will be correct. It eliminates a lot of diagnostic time being able to go right to the place suggested and have it work rather than hours of thumbing through information scattered all over, in hard copy and digital form.

We used to have Some Data (All Data) at the shop, and it was really lacking. It was DVD based, meaning every quarter we would have a box delivered containing over 100 DVDs. All Data would have to be shut down during the upgrade, meaning no access to the information we need, and it took about 10-12 hours to feed each DVD, all the while working on cars and going back and forth between the PC and the job. They switched to online only and we changed to Identifix about 6 months after that when we saw that the information was still not current. DVD information is as old as when it was burned to the master DVD, so we thought that when it went online that it would be day1 current.

I have no experience with Mitchell1 other than their hard copy books from the 70s and 80s which were excellent. Vehicles were a lot simpler then, and all the information you needed for all the vehicles you will probably see in the bay was in an 8 1/2 * 11 hardcover book, printed on paper designed by mechanics. These books were about 2 1/2 to 3" thick. We still have them upstairs in storage, and used to refer to them from time to time. Identifix recently introduced support for older vehicles. I searched and found factory information on an old Model A, but there were no OBDII fault codes listed. Perhaps they are still working on that.. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I an error on the Swiss MyDrive site when I try to login to get the manuals. I attached a screenshot to this post. Any chance someone could host it another way or email it to me directly? Thanks and sorry for the trouble.
Having this same problem! Anyone able to pm a link or email the manual ? Thanks !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts