Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever seen the 2005 Sport Mesh Grille but in Chrome instead of the Black one. I like the look of the Sports Grille but in Chrome will be even better. I am not so fond of the Cloud Rider add on to your grille.
Does anybody also know where you can buy the Sport Grille beside Brandsport. They have it advertised but dont sell them anymore. There is no price and no checkout for this product and when I asked told me that Toyota doesnt sell them anymore.

Any feedback appreciated

·
Registered
422 Posts
I'm a bit miffed about this too because I never had the chance to order the grille either (Ricky and I are trying to save $$ to do various things, some Rav related, some house related, this summer). I was hoping to pick it up in July.

I saw the grille up close and personal on an '05 Sport at my local dealer a few weeks ago. It hadn't really occurred to me since they call it "mesh", but FYI the grille is plastic. Not necessarily a criticism because I do realize that the regular grille is plastic too, but I always think of "mesh" as being metal. If you can find one, you could probably pick up that Krylon spray paint specifically for plastics and spray it silver.

I'm still debating what I will eventually do because I also am not that thrilled with the Cloudrider grilles. I will most likely contact my dealer to get the grille this summer. My dealer does not mark up parts, so I should be able to get it for pretty close to Brandsport's price. I'm pretty sure the grille has to still be obtainable...they don't discontinue the parts that quick even when changing body styles. They still have to be available for people who get into accidents etc.

Becky

T

·
0 Posts
i saw the grille today when i went to my dealer for maintanence... it the sports grill doesn't look too hard to take off to put on those "universal" fit ones you can get from ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts