Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, do any of you new 2005 owners have a Sport? I still haven't seen a pic of the new mesh grille that is mentioned in the '05 Sport package. Toyota hasn't changed the pics on their website or the footage in their commercials...they're still using the '04 pics/footage.

If anyone could post a pic of this new grille it would be appreciated!

Becky

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
If nobody posts up a pic... I'll snap one at work on Tuesday (off Monday for MLK Day) and post it up Wednesday around 3:AM.

IMHO.... it would look GREAT on your Blue LS.

I'll also shoot off an email to BrandSport to see if they can add this item to their catalog 8)

E

·
0 Posts
Becky J. said:
So, do any of you new 2005 owners have a Sport? I still haven't seen a pic of the new mesh grille that is mentioned in the '05 Sport package. Toyota hasn't changed the pics on their website or the footage in their commercials...they're still using the '04 pics/footage.

If anyone could post a pic of this new grille it would be appreciated!

Becky
Is it the same mesh grille that the RAV4 Chili Special Edition in Canada has? If so, I can see if I can take a picture of mine and post it on this thread.

I discovered, by accident, that I have a mesh grille on my car while scraping frost off my windshield yesterday morning. :lol: However, I'm not sure whether it is the same mesh grille that comes with the US sports edition.

·
Registered
986 Posts
ooooooo... now I want to get one of those mesh grilles for mine....

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh...my. :shock: Definitely gonna have to get that!!!

Thanks much for the pic, Derek!

Kelly, if you get a chance to snap a little wider pic that would be great...and I'll be eager to see what you find out from Brandsport! Thanks!!!

Becky

T

·
0 Posts
is that for 05? dang it ... looks awesome... but since I put chrome on mine sports 02 grille .... I kinda like it... maybe I'll change it maybe not.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Just remember guys that those 2004+ grilles probably won't fit our 2001-2003 Rav4s. Or else I would've tried to have gotten the grille inserts from Cloud Rider designs. I like the look of those Chili Edition grilles as well. I wonder if they'll fit on my Rav?

Chili Edition

One type of Cloud Rider grille for 2004+ Rav4s..

E

·
0 Posts
Slayer said:
Just remember guys that those 2004+ grilles probably won't fit our 2001-2003 Rav4s. Or else I would've tried to have gotten the grille inserts from Cloud Rider designs. I like the look of those Chili Edition grilles as well. I wonder if they'll fit on my RAV?

Chili Edition
That particular grille style for the Chili Special Edition is specific to 2003 only. The 2004 Chili Special Edition has the one that I posted.

(I don't recall what the 2005 Chili grille looks like.)

S

·
0 Posts
The 2004 and 2005 RAV4 Chilli Grilles are both the same except for the 2005 Grille has a RAV4 badge on it.

2004 RAV4 Chilli

2005 RAV4 Chilli

This Grille is exactly the same as the TTE one in Europe (except for the TTE Badge on it)

TTE Grille:-

And also this Grille is an accessory in Japan

E

·
0 Posts
Scott Cummings said:
The 2004 and 2005 RAV4 Chilli Grilles are both the same except for the 2005 Grille has a RAV4 badge on it.

2005 RAV4 Chilli
Wow, the 2005 looks pretty cool. Man, I wish I had waited for the 2005 Chili... In addition to the 2004 features, the 2005 comes with power moonroof, sports pedals and the new grille. :roll:

Of the three years that Toyota has offered the RAV4 Chili, the 2004 is the least well-equipped. The 2003 comes with fog lamps.

Oh well, I'm happy with mine. :D

·
Registered
396 Posts
Man, it's like I died and gone to heaven seeing all those Ravs with the hoodscoops. Okay, where's that pic with the mud bogging taken and how can I get there?!?! That's what I've always wanted to do with my Rav besides being the daily driver. :D :D Cool info with the grille, EHinthe604. Now, I wonder who I can contact to acquire that particular part. Any Canadian aftermarket stores that sell oem parts that you know of?

E

·
0 Posts
Slayer said:
Man, it's like I died and gone to heaven seeing all those Ravs with the hoodscoops. Okay, where's that pic with the mud bogging taken and how can I get there?!?! That's what I've always wanted to do with my RAV besides being the daily driver. :D :D Cool info with the grille, EHinthe604. Now, I wonder who I can contact to acquire that particular part. Any Canadian aftermarket stores that sell oem parts that you know of?
No unfortunately, I don't know of any sources of OEM Toyota parts in Canada (or at least here in Vancouver), aside from the dealers and the Western Canadian Toyota headquarters in Richmond, BC (a suburb of Vancouver). I'm still a relative newbie with Toyota OEM parts. :)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Slayer said:
Man, it's like I died and gone to heaven seeing all those Ravs with the hoodscoops. Okay, where's that pic with the mud bogging taken and how can I get there?!?!
If you move your mouse on top of most photos and do a right click ---> view properties... you can in most cases track down the source. 8)

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/hl/04rav4.htm

·
Registered
396 Posts
Kelly Smith said:
If you move your mouse on top of most photos and do a right click ---> view properties... you can in most cases track down the source. 8)

http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/hl/04rav4.htm
Unfortunately I use the SBC net browser and not Netscape or IE cause I always ran into problems with those browsers and Outlook Express. The SBC browser doesn't have the view properties option off the right click. Plus, I never really saw how the Copy Shortcut option that Mensajero told me about to work since the option never seemed to be ready for use when I right clicked on a photo whether it be IE or the SBC browser.

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
Becky J. said:
Kelly, if you get a chance to snap a little wider pic that would be great...and I'll be eager to see what you find out from Brandsport!
In addition to all the photos posted in this thread... no need for me to post a photo... especially after viewing this message --->

CLICK HERE! ----> Then click on his "Album" icon. 8)

It's a BLUE CHILI :D

A

·
0 Posts
IS ther anyway possible to get that beautiful mesh grill on my 2002 rav 4 L edition? Im drooling after seeing that. Im in NY USA by the way

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Kelly! Hmm...that Rav looks sorta familiar.... ;)

If you do hear from Brandsport, let me know! :D

Becky

1 - 20 of 35 Posts