Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The tire pressure sensor comes on every day now in the RAV. I have checked the tire pressure each time and the pressure is always 30psi, which, as you all know, is what Toyota recommends. I reset the sensor each time, and the things still comes on. Could something be wrong with the sensor? Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
276 Posts
If you followed the instructions in your owners manual to reset and it still comes on then sounds like a trip to the dealer is in order.
That's what they are there for.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Warranty! Have it checked out. Those sytems work in conjuction with the ABS system and is based on tire rotation frequency. Many factors will effect this system so its best to bring it into the dealer at this point to avoid anoying problems later. Its been a topic on here before and IMO I think this particular system in horrible. The only true way is to get accurate readings is with individual presure sensors in each wheel. (like the new RAV) That's probably why they made the change for '06.

Hope you are able to get it fixed. Later. M.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replys, looks like I will be calling the dealer today.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Ditto, the advice above. I do much of my own service. When I rotated my tires for the first time, the light came on. I reset it and it never came back on.

I check my tire pressure often and feel such a system is useless and more a nusiance for me.

·
Registered
471 Posts
did you just pressed the sensor reset button once?? I did that at the begging and then i read in manual that you have to hold it until light blinks three times. maybe thats the problem

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My RAV just started doing the same thing in the last few days. The tire warning light keeps coming on and will not reset properly. There must be a malfunction somewhere in the system. I can add this to the list of many defects my RAV has had.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
my 06 had the light on from the very first day we picked it up and it turned out to be the spare having TOO much air. Check yours to see the air is not too low in the spare.. on the 06's (and Im pretty sure the 05's) the spare also is monitored.

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Called Dealer

Well, it came on again for me. So I called the dealer and they mentioned that I needed to hold it until it blinked 3 times. I had already tried that because of Alien18's previous post. Well after about 5 minutes and no blinking, the RAV is going to the dealer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts