Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a silly question, but I can I change from the factory 17" steel wheels to the 16" alloys off of a newer model? I know that can sometimes effect the speedometer reading, but many are read from the trans output signal. Anyone know if that's a possibility on these vehicles?

·
Registered
11 Posts
As long as your tire diameter stays the same you would be ok otherwise it may be off a little but probably not drastically

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I was not aware that the new ravs had 16 inch alloy wheels...also if you have the 3rd row or v6 your front brakes are larger than the 4 cylinder non 3rd row so you want to make sure the wheels fit over the front calipers...and just so you know even if the speed is read off the transmission the trans still gets it's information from the wheels...smaller diameter wheels will show your speed faster than it really is and you will rack up more miles than you actually drive...larger diameter will have the opposite effect...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Was looking at these.... Says they are 16", maybe not off a rav. I can look at other options too. Don't mind sticking with 17"

·
Registered
74 Posts
I've been thinking about upgrading my stock steels rims on my 2007. I have a stock V6 with 17" wheels. I'd like to keep the wheels very close to the stock width and offset.
What is the stock width and offset of the 17" steelies?
Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts