Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a fax from my dealer showing specs and equipment for the 2006 4-cylinder models. Not sure how much of a scoop this is since according to the dealer all this will be posted on Toyota Canada's web site tomorrow (we'll see).

There are two trims, Base and "Upper Grade". Both are AUTOMATIC ONLY. No manual gearbox. VSC stability control with traction control is now standard (first time in a Canadian RAV). No mention of side airbags. Tires are P225/65R17 on both trims. Curb weight is 3444 lbs (base) and 3512 lbs (upper grade), so it's added a couple of hundred pounds.

Towing capacity is up to 2000 lbs and the fuel tank is 60 litres (previously 56).

Base includes: CD w/MP3 player, 6 speakers; 60/40 folding, reclining, sliding rear seats; power windows/locks/keyless; A/C; 17" steel wheels; soft spare tire cover; and power, heated mirrors.

"Upper Grade" adds: 6-disc CD changer w/ steering wheel controls; auto climate control; premium cloth seats and interior trim (leather wheel, etc.); power driver's seat; additional interior lighting; 17" alloy wheels; privacy glass; chrome grille; power sunroof; hard spare tire cover; rear spoiler, and fog lights.

No prices or fuel economy numbers yet. The dealer I spoke with has ordered four (two of each trim level) for December delivery.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Have they mentioned about the third row seats?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No third-row seat in the 4-cylinder RAV4. Spec sheet for both trims says seating capacity of 5. Guess it's only the V6 RAV that will have the third row.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Based on information provided today by Toyota, fortunatelly there will be 3 row seat as an option on 4 cylinder version! Just not available for the "sport" Package. I wonder how much will be the price for every additional option and if the option will be available for December... :shock:

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, if you're in the US (that's where the info you're referring to is coming from). This thread is about the Canadian model and we don't seem to be getting 7 seats in a 4-cylinder model up here. They do make different decisions as to what features to offer between countries.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
No 4-cylinder RAV4 gets the third row seats as far as I know -- you have to have a V6 to get that particular option. I certainly wouldn't expect a 4-banger to easily haul around 7 people and cargo, even if the two in the back are children. Check the Feature/Option pages in the below PDF:

http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/rav4/rav06specs.pdf

All the specifications, features and options are for North American RAV4, which encompasses both the US and Canada. The only thing for sure that has to be revised in the numbers is fuel capacity and mileage, which has to account for the disparity between Imperial and US gallons. Not sure what other figures are affected...

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
karrock said:
http://www.toyota.com/vehicles/future/RAV4/rav06specs.pdf

All the specifications, features and options are for North American RAV4, which encompasses both the US and Canada.
Nope. The SEMA event is the unveiling and official announcement for the US model only. Specifications may be the same but again, the features, models and options info posted on the US site is for the US model only. This is nothing new. I wish we got your options and models list, but we don't and never have, going back to the original RAV4.1.

Per my first post in this thread, I have a copy of the Toyota features list for the Canadian model and it is quite different.

·
Super Moderator
1,566 Posts
Considering the RAV4 will be coming off of an assembly line in Woodstock, Ontario in two to three years, I don't see why there would be a disparity in models, features and options.

Looking at Toyota's Canada sales figures, however, I can kind of see why they'd limit what's available. Toyota's entire truck division (Sienna, RAV4, Highlander, 4Runner, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Tacoma and Tundra) sells only about 3000 per month north of the border. In the US the RAV4 alone averages 5000 a month -- sales of the truck division in the US are more than 10 times that of the RAV4.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where it's built won't make a difference -- they come off the same assembly line now and there's a real difference in what features are available in Canada vs. the US on the RAV. Same goes for the existing assembly plants we have in Ontario that also produce vehicles for the US market. What the US cars get doesn't necessarily get put into our cars, or vice versa, even at the same assembly plant.

This is quite common, if not universal, amongst car manufacturers -- each country's company HQ gets to decide what's available on each model in its own market. There have been a number of uproars on Subaru forums when US owners find out that features in Canada are more desirable than what's available on the exact same model south of the border.

L

·
0 Posts
I've called three local Dealers in and around Toronto and none of them will give me any information! Can I ask where you got your spec sheet?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Received it by fax from my Toyota dealer. I scanned it in as a PDF -- it's a little rough but still readable. Happy to share, just let me know your e-mail address.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts