Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2006 Rav failed the EOC test in October. Toyota has yet to call me to repair it and honestly, it feels like the problem is just getting worse.

Those of you who've had this done, how long did it take for your dealer to get the parts? Mine says they've been getting the kits about one car every 6 months. Is that right? 7 months seems like a long time.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
My 2006 Rav failed the EOC test in October. Toyota has yet to call me to repair it and honestly, it feels like the problem is just getting worse.

Those of you who've had this done, how long did it take for your dealer to get the parts? Mine says they've been getting the kits about one car every 6 months. Is that right? 7 months seems like a long time.
Sure sounds like they're dragging their feet. :mad:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what it seems like to me! The dealer claims it's corporate toyota's problem. I just want to stop having to put so much oil in my car!

·
Super Moderator
11,097 Posts
So call corporate Toyota and ask them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Yes, call Toyota corporate help desk--and arrange to have the test results transferred to a different dealer. There are some dealers who simply do not have the interest to do this warranty work. Either lack of mechanics with expertise to do the job properly or feeling it's a loss of revenue to tie up the work space. Make a point of never going to that dealer again, as it indicates a fairly high sleaze level, IMO. Who knows what other lies they will tell you on other issues. It would be worth it to travel some distance to find a WILLING dealer, the clown you have now will likely do a half-baked job if forced.

There were some delays in getting parts early in the program, but should be easy now that the program is winding down.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It is apparent that some (many) dealers do not make customer service a priority in their shop. After 3 tests (one was botched) and much
assertive communication on my part my dealer said yes it is using more that a quart at 1200 miles and scheduled me for the following
Monday to bring it in for a rebuild. Parts in stock. I just took it in for an oil change and was overcharged. No more dealers (or Toyotas)
for me.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
It is apparent that some (many) dealers do not make customer service a priority in their shop. After 3 tests (one was botched) and much
assertive communication on my part my dealer said yes it is using more that a quart at 1200 miles and scheduled me for the following
Monday to bring it in for a rebuild. Parts in stock. I just took it in for an oil change and was overcharged. No more dealers (or Toyotas)
for me.
Glad you're getting it fixed. What does "overcharged" mean?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for me.
Wow sorry to hear that! I've had good experiences with this dealer before, but everyone makes good points about the length of time. I'll call another dealer in my area tomorrow and get their quote.

I did send a written complaint to Corporate Toyota as well. Interested to see their response.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts