Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

I recently purchased a 2006 facelift RAV4 jeep. Just wanted to check do any of you guys know where I could buy an on front and under run bumper guard with the RAV4 logo on it. the picture is the guard that I am talking about on the link. But the link goes to the 2008 model my jeep is the same shape not sure if this would work. Also this site is not in europe so concerned the postage might be expensive

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=r...on+front+and+under+run+&imgrc=t27HR5hErYBE7M:

Also are there any things that I should be getting done to this jeep regarding preventative maintenance it has 88K miles on the clock. timing belt etc or things that from your experience would be good to do.

Also what winter tyres would you guys recommend putting on.

Thanks

Ollie C

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Toyota makes the RAV4, not Jeep, which is a completely different company altogether.

The RAV4 is not a Jeep, but rather is a "Compact Utility Vehicle" or "Crossover Utility Vehicle" (CUV). Jeep's vehicles tend to have much more heavy-duty 4WD systems, more ground clearance and tend to be much more capable of going off road.

The RAV4 can handle "softroading" - light forest trails, dry riverbeds perhaps, but that's about it.

The RAV4 comes nowhere near what the significant majority of Jeeps can do.

I have been extremely pleased with my Nokian Hakkapeliitta R2 winter tires. They do an exceptionally good job in the snow and on the ice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks DVS I'll check out the tyres, have 2 BMWs so wanted to get a 4 wheel drive for the winter incase we get some snow.

·
Super Moderator
11,507 Posts
Keep in mind that the 2006 RAV is not 4 wheel drive. It is part time all wheel drive. In short it is front wheel drive and the rear only activates as needed as determined by the computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts